Current mood:adventurousHello bands and musicians!
The Ant Cellar is very open to the idea of having anyone and everyone come and play our wonderful basement in Lowell Massachusetts! There are just a few things we would like to communicate with you before you ask us to play:
1) You can contact me (Tom) by messaging this myspace or emailing me at email@example.com. I check both every day multiple times.
2) If you plan on emailing us saying, "Hi I am trying to find a show for my band and this band and this band and this band. Can we have the show at The Ant Cellar?", I will say no. We do not get to have shows as often as we would like, so we do not take on already planned bills (unless they are full of amazing bands). If you are on tour with another band, then we can usually make that happen. For the most part, I find all the bands to play.
3) If you email me please include your band's name, when you would like to play and a myspace link. You can send me whatever kind of music link you have, but you NEED to send me a myspace link. If you do not have a myspace then I will tell you to go make one and then get back to me.
4) If I tell your band that we do not have anything currently available for your band and that I will let you know when we do, then please do not keep consistently emailing me. I will get in contact with you, I PROMISE. But if I get the same email over and over again it will just get annoying. I never forget a band, trust me.
5) If you do get put on a show here, then it is your responsibility (as well as mine!) to help promote the show! Lowell is an awesome place for music, but it is sometimes very hard to get people to come to shows and see your band, especially if you are playing earlier in the night. The more promotion the better!
6) Your band and the people you bring MUST respect the space AND the people at the show. No fighting, no drugs, no weapons. I don't want to hear your band say anything politically incorrect over the microphones. No "that's gay man" or "what a fag" or anything like that. I will kick you out if this happens.
So with that said, feel free to hit me up if you would like your band to play a show here. We are accepting of any genre as long as your good!
See you in the cellar,
Tom/The Ant Cellar